There are some Virtual Machines that are so important that you cannot tolerate any VM down time - regardless of the underlying cause. VMware Fault Tolerance is real time Virtual Machine replication technology that hot replicates the running CPU state, memory state, network state and disk state of a Virtual Machine to a peer ESXi host and datastore. Fault Tolerance protected VMs run in Primary / Secondary mode with the Secondary copy kept up to date with changes in the Primary VM. If the ESXi host running the Primary VM should fail or lose connectivity to SAN storage, Fault Tolerance will switch over to running the Secondary VM instantly, with no loss in VM service. In this way, network peers will continue to receive service.
In this course, you will learn:
- The features, capabilities and limitations of vSphere Fault Tolerance
- What's New with Fault Tolerance in vSphere 6.0
- High Availability cluster requirements that must be met before you can enable Fault Tolerance
- Virtual Machine configuration requirements for Fault Tolerance support
- How to perform Compliance Checks to ensure that your servers and VM are ready for Fault Tolerance
- How to enable Fault Tolerance Protection on a Virtual Machine
- Design strategies to maximize Fault Tolerance Performance
- Virtual Machine Scalability limits imposed by VMware Licenses
- Fault Tolerance operations like Migrate Secondary, etc.
- Use Cases for Fault Tolerance
- Fault Tolerance Best Practices
By the end of this course, you will know the limitations and use cases for Fault Tolerance, how to configure clusters and VMs to enable Fault Tolerance, how to protect VMs and how to deliver continuous VM availability regardless of infrastructure issues.
Get VMware vSphere & View Training... for less!
What do you do if you need to learn VMware but can't afford the $4,000 - $6,000 charged for authorized training; or you can't find a training event that works with your schedule? Now, you can enroll in my equivalent VMware vSphere 6 and Horizon View video-on-demand training... for less.
I have created courses that together offer over 36 hours of
VMware vSphere 6 lectures (about 8 days of instructor lead training at
4hrs lecture per day normally offered in live instructor led training). With Video-On-Demand training, I can provide more insight and
detail, without the time constraints that a normal instructor led
training class would impose. My goal is to give you a similar or better
training experience than classroom training - at about 10% of the cost.
Run This Class At Your Office
ESXLab maintains a pool of high-scoring, experienced instructors who would be glad to lead this event at your place of work. If you have 5 or more people and would like to run live instructor led (distance or on-site) training, please contact me for a quote.
I am an Information Technology consultant / trainer with over 25 years of experience in system administration, networking, security, infrastructure and security.
worked for 10 years as a UNIX programmer / consultant before moving
to Linux in 1995. I started working with VMware products in 2001 and decided to focus exclusively on VMware in 2004. I earned my first VMware Certified
Professional (VCP) designation on ESX 2.0 in 2004 (VCP #: 993). I have
also earned VCP in ESX 3, and in vSphere 4 and 5.
My VMware Work Experience
- I have been providing VMware consulting and training for more than 12 years. I have lead literally hundreds of classes and taught thousands of people how to use VMware. I teach both introductory and advanced VMware classes.
- I worked for VMware as a senior contract VMware Certified Instructor (VCI) and consultant for almost 5 years. One of my regular duties was to help mentor new VCI's - helping them prepare for and successfully deliver vSphere classes.
- After leaving VMware, I launched my own training business focused on VMware virtualization in 2008. In 2013, VMware called me back to help them ramp up support services for the upcoming vSphere 5.1 product launch.
- Prior to VMware, I worked as a contract consultant / trainer for RedHat (I hold RHCE, RHCI and RHCX), Global Knowledge, Learning Tree and many other training and consulting companies.
I hold a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Math from the University of Toronto. I also hold numerous industry certifications including VMware Certified Professional on VMware Infrastructure 2 & 3 and vSphere 4 & 5 (ret.), VMware Certified Instructor (ret.), RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE), RedHat Certified Instructor (RHCI) and RedHat Certified Examiner (RHCX) as well as certifications from LPI, HP, SCO and others.
I hope to see you in one of my VMware classes very soon... If you have questions, please contact me directly.
And... please link to me on LinkedIn - https://ca.linkedin.com/in/larrykarnis