Workload (running operating systems, their applications and data) consolidation is one of the top benefits of virtualization. With physical to virtual (P2V) migrations or virtual to virtual (V2V) migrations, you can move your Windows and Linux workloads off of older physical hardware or non-enterprise class virtualization platforms onto VMware vSphere 6 infrastructure. This will allow you to simplify your environment, reduce the number of servers in your datacenter, lower costs and safely retire legacy hardware.
In this course you will learn:
- The features and capabilities of VMware Converter
- The source environments and source operating systems supported by VMware Converter
- How to install and configure VMware Converter onto Windows Server
- How to launch a Conversion task and reach out to a source machine
- To understand and use all features of the Conversion Wizard - allowing you to resize the target VM to your requirements
- How Converter snapshots and clones source disks to target virtual disks
- What you can do to help ensure a successful migration
- Post migration tasks to make your VM perfect. Trouble spots to identify and avoid
- Converter best practices
VMware Converter will help you rapidly and effectively bring all of your legacy physical and virtual machines into your vSphere environment. With a little practice and some understanding, you can achieve conversion success rates in excess of 95%. Let this course show you how!
Get VMware vSphere & View Training... for less!
What do you do if you need to learn VMware but can't afford the $4,000 - $6,000 charged for authorized training; or you can't find a training event that works with your schedule? Now, you can enroll in my equivalent VMware vSphere 6 and Horizon View video-on-demand training... for less.
I have created courses that together offer over 36 hours of
VMware vSphere 6 lectures (about 8 days of instructor lead training at
4hrs lecture per day normally offered in live instructor led training). With Video-On-Demand training, I can provide more insight and
detail, without the time constraints that a normal instructor led
training class would impose. My goal is to give you a similar or better
training experience than classroom training - at about 10% of the cost.
Run This Class At Your Office
ESXLab maintains a pool of high-scoring, experienced instructors who would be glad to lead this event at your place of work. If you have 5 or more people and would like to run live instructor led (distance or on-site) training, please contact me for a quote.
I am an Information Technology consultant / trainer with over 25 years of experience in system administration, networking, security, infrastructure and security.
worked for 10 years as a UNIX programmer / consultant before moving
to Linux in 1995. I started working with VMware products in 2001 and decided to focus exclusively on VMware in 2004. I earned my first VMware Certified
Professional (VCP) designation on ESX 2.0 in 2004 (VCP #: 993). I have
also earned VCP in ESX 3, and in vSphere 4 and 5.
My VMware Work Experience
- I have been providing VMware consulting and training for more than 12 years. I have lead literally hundreds of classes and taught thousands of people how to use VMware. I teach both introductory and advanced VMware classes.
- I worked for VMware as a senior contract VMware Certified Instructor (VCI) and consultant for almost 5 years. One of my regular duties was to help mentor new VCI's - helping them prepare for and successfully deliver vSphere classes.
- After leaving VMware, I launched my own training business focused on VMware virtualization in 2008. In 2013, VMware called me back to help them ramp up support services for the upcoming vSphere 5.1 product launch.
- Prior to VMware, I worked as a contract consultant / trainer for RedHat (I hold RHCE, RHCI and RHCX), Global Knowledge, Learning Tree and many other training and consulting companies.
I hold a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Math from the University of Toronto. I also hold numerous industry certifications including VMware Certified Professional on VMware Infrastructure 2 & 3 and vSphere 4 & 5 (ret.), VMware Certified Instructor (ret.), RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE), RedHat Certified Instructor (RHCI) and RedHat Certified Examiner (RHCX) as well as certifications from LPI, HP, SCO and others.
I hope to see you in one of my VMware classes very soon... If you have questions, please contact me directly.
And... please link to me on LinkedIn - https://ca.linkedin.com/in/larrykarnis