Sometimes, things happen... and when they do, you need to be prepared by ensuring that you have consistent, reliable back ups of all of your critical virtual Machines. VMware Data Protection (VDP) is a Virtual Machine backup and recover service that lets you safely, consistently and reliably perform Virtual Machine backups, recoveries and individual file level recoveries.
In this course you will learn:
- The new features and capabilities of VMware Data Protection in vSphere 6
- How to import and configure the VMware Data Protection appliance
- To size and upgrade your VMware Data Protection virtual appliance
- How to perform post installation configuration tasks that will get your VMware Data Protection appliance ready for service
- To create back up jobs and add your Virtual Machines to back up jobs
- How to review and set back up policies such as setting production (don't back up) versus non-production (OK to backup) hours
- How to check the status of VM backups
- Virtual Machine recovery options including in-place recoveries and recovering to a new Virtual Machine
- How to perform a Virtual Machine bare metal recovery
- How to perform individual file and directory recoveries using the VMware Data Protection self-service web portal
- To review, configure and administer VMware Data Protection
By the end of this course you will know how to install and configure VDP, how to create back up jobs, how to back up and recover Virtual Machines, how to perform File Level Recoveries and how to administer VMware Data Protection.
Get VMware vSphere & View Training... for less!
What do you do if you need to learn VMware but can't afford the $4,000 - $6,000 charged for authorized training; or you can't find a training event that works with your schedule? Now, you can enroll in my equivalent VMware vSphere 6 and Horizon View video-on-demand training... for less.
I have created courses that together offer over 36 hours of
VMware vSphere 6 lectures (about 8 days of instructor lead training at
4hrs lecture per day normally offered in live instructor led training). With Video-On-Demand training, I can provide more insight and
detail, without the time constraints that a normal instructor led
training class would impose. My goal is to give you a similar or better
training experience than classroom training - at about 10% of the cost.
Run This Class At Your Office
ESXLab maintains a pool of high-scoring, experienced instructors who would be glad to lead this event at your place of work. If you have 5 or more people and would like to run live instructor led (distance or on-site) training, please contact me for a quote.
I am an Information Technology consultant / trainer with over 25 years of experience in system administration, networking, security, infrastructure and security.
worked for 10 years as a UNIX programmer / consultant before moving
to Linux in 1995. I started working with VMware products in 2001 and decided to focus exclusively on VMware in 2004. I earned my first VMware Certified
Professional (VCP) designation on ESX 2.0 in 2004 (VCP #: 993). I have
also earned VCP in ESX 3, and in vSphere 4 and 5.
My VMware Work Experience
- I have been providing VMware consulting and training for more than 12 years. I have lead literally hundreds of classes and taught thousands of people how to use VMware. I teach both introductory and advanced VMware classes.
- I worked for VMware as a senior contract VMware Certified Instructor (VCI) and consultant for almost 5 years. One of my regular duties was to help mentor new VCI's - helping them prepare for and successfully deliver vSphere classes.
- After leaving VMware, I launched my own training business focused on VMware virtualization in 2008. In 2013, VMware called me back to help them ramp up support services for the upcoming vSphere 5.1 product launch.
- Prior to VMware, I worked as a contract consultant / trainer for RedHat (I hold RHCE, RHCI and RHCX), Global Knowledge, Learning Tree and many other training and consulting companies.
I hold a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Math from the University of Toronto. I also hold numerous industry certifications including VMware Certified Professional on VMware Infrastructure 2 & 3 and vSphere 4 & 5 (ret.), VMware Certified Instructor (ret.), RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE), RedHat Certified Instructor (RHCI) and RedHat Certified Examiner (RHCX) as well as certifications from LPI, HP, SCO and others.
I hope to see you in one of my VMware classes very soon... If you have questions, please contact me directly.
And... please link to me on LinkedIn - https://ca.linkedin.com/in/larrykarnis