Course Purchase Options
Buy This Course Only
Get All Video Lectures for this Course - $10.00
Buy Course with Course Books +
Get This Course + Study Guide & Lab Guide (PDF) - $19.95
Need VMware Training?
Did you know that you can acquire free ESXi 6 Hypervisor licenses directly from VMware? And that these free licenses let you install ESXi 6 onto the hardware you own, create virtual and physical networking, connect to NFS and iSCSI SAN storage and boot and run as many VMs as your hardware can handle, configured as you like?
Despite the popularity of VMware's free ESXi 6 Hypervisor program, VMware does not offer training on this product. Instead, VMware offers a high-end, one-size-fits-all course (vSphere 6 Install, Configure, Manage) that is not only very expensive (over $4,000USD for 5 days), but it teaches features and capabilities that are not available to Free ESXi 6 Hypervisor customers. Why pay high prices for training that covers features and functions you are not licensed to use?
Now, with ESXLab, you get a complete video-on-demand training (with optional course books and remote
lab rentals) that covers the major features of your vSphere licenses. With video-on-demand, you train on your schedule... for a lot less.
What Do I Get?
ESXLab is pleased to offer VMware vSphere 6 training specifically tailored to Free ESXi 6 Hypervisor customers. You get four courses with over 6 hours of video-on-demand training. In this course bundle, you will learn how to:
- Understand, install, configure and deploy the ESXi 6 hypervisor according to best practices
- Configure and use virtual networking including virtual switches and virtual network adapters
- Connect your ESXi host to file shares (Network Attached Storage) so that you can access/use NAS storage for virtual machine and other uses
- Create, edit and run virtual machines... how to install the guest operating system of your choice into a virtual machine, how to install VMware Tools into a VM and how to interact with your new VM via its console
You also get:
- Unlimited access to these course topics with no expiry date and no time limit
- Optional access to the full course Study / Lab Guide (234 pages of slides and notes) that includes all slides and slide notes and detailed how-to instructions to install, configure and use all major vSphere 6 features
- Optional access to a full, remote hands-on lab environment so you can work through practical, detailed labs to build your familiarity and experience using vSphere 6
- Optional lab access includes full support during the length of your lab rental
This course bundle takes you through everything you need to know to start building and running ESXi 6 based virtual machines quickly, efficiently and correctly.
If you are a VMware administrator (or aspire to be one) and you need an introductory course on vSphere 6, then this course is for you.
List of Chapters
- How to install and configure ESXi 6.0
- Introduction to Virtual Networking
- Network Attached Storage and Network File System
- Virtual Hardware and Virtual Machines
A complete course syllabus is available for review (along with many free lectures), in the Course Curriculum section at the bottom of this page!
Is this Course for Me
We assume that you are an IT professional with prior experience in servers, operating systems and networking. We assume no prior knowledge of vSphere. We start at the beginning by showing you how to install, configure and use ESXi 6. We move on to cover Virtual and Physical Networking, Connecting to NFS File Shares and finally how to Create and administer Virtual Machines,
Please review the chapter roster for
full details. Go into each chapter to review a detailed outline of the
major topics and individual slide titles. Try the free lectures and
decide for yourself if this training is right for you.
Value PricingThis bundle includes 4 topics (normally $20/topic) for just $9.95 for a savings of $70 over buying courses individually. Why so cheap? We want to convince you of the quality of our training - so you will come back for more!
Optional Course Books
Get the full course book set including a 234 page Study Guide and Lab Guide with detailed steps to complete all labs. Full course books (in PDF format) are available on their own at $9.95USD, Or, purchase the Course + Book Set bundle and save.
If you have already purchased this course and want to add course books, please e-mail email@example.com.
Optional Remote Lab Rentals
ESXLab rents ready-to-use VMware practice labs for all of our courses. Our remote labs are access through any PC, notebook or tablet that has an HTML 5 compliant browser. Your lab rental is dedicated to you (not shared) and available 24hrs/day during your lab rental period.
The most cost effective way to rent our labs is to bundle them in with this course (check bundle features and pricing). Lab rentals are also available without a course for study/practice and include our 240+ page Lab Guide.
Click here for more information about our optional remote access hands-on labs.
If you have already purchased this course and want to add remote lab rentals, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feedback on ESXLab Training
Below is some of the unsolicited feedback we have received on ESXlab VMware vSphere training...
One of my friends showed me your vSphere 6 VMotion lecture. I am amazed with the level of detail you provide. I've seen PluralSight.com and CBTnuggets.com's training and yours is the most informative.
Rajesh Sood - Sr. System Analyst
ESXLab is outstanding. Their platform isn't a contrived lab build. They gave us access to a Win 2008R2 Server and to a complete lab environment. They also supply a setup manual, lab manual, student guide (that could easily replace a Sybex book) and responsive help desk for instructors. This is a complete solution. I'd use it in the future for this class without reservation."
D. Durr - Contractor, Consultant and Trainer
Wanted to say thank you for teaching our vSphere class. I have had good and bad experiences with training, so I always go into these classes hoping they will be worth it. Your class definitely was. I learned quite a bit and will apply it immediately to my current VMware environment. And the new VMware environment I am working on soon will benefit even more.
K. Etter - Architect at MSKTD & Associates
Instructor was smart, patient, and well organized. He kept the class interesting and kept the students engaged and participate. He is one of the very best instructors I have encountered in my 18 years in HPE.
J. Smith - Manager, HPE
I just wanted to thank you for teaching a great class. I got a lot out of it and have already put many of the things I learned to use.We had to upgrade our environment and your class made that much easier. It was wonderful having the hands-on lab experience before our upgrade so that we could practice in a safe setting. I also passed the ECVS certification exam. The course did a great job in preparing me. I feel that the exam is very relevant to our real world challenges.
M. Marshall - Gilford Medical
Get VMware vSphere & View Training... for less!
Q: What do you do if you need to learn VMware but can't afford the $4,000 - $6,000 charged for authorized VMware vSphere training?
A: Enroll in my equivalent VMware vSphere 6.5 and Horizon View video-on-demand training... for less.
Many name is Larry Karnis - and I create courses that will help you start your career as a VMware vSphere 6.5 administrator, and help you build you knowledge and skill in vSphere 6.5 advanced features and capabilities.
With Video-On-Demand training, I can provide more insight and detail, without the time constraints that a normal instructor led training class would impose. My goals are to:
- Give you a better training experience than classroom training
- Help you learn more than you can learn in a 5 day class
- Give you the opportunity to learn at your own pace
- Provide you to supporting books and hands-on lab rentals
At price points that you (or your boss) will appreciate.
Run This Class At Your Office
ESXLab maintains a pool of high-scoring, experienced instructors who would be glad to lead this event at your place of work. If you have 5 or more people and would like to run live instructor led (distance or on-site) training, please contact me for a quote.
I am an Information Technology consultant / trainer with over 30 years of experience in system administration, networking, security, infrastructure and security.
I worked for 10 years as a UNIX programmer / consultant before moving to Linux in 1995. I started working with VMware products in 2001 and decided to focus exclusively on VMware in 2004. I earned my first VMware Certified Professional (VCP) designation on ESX 2.0 in 2004 (VCP #: 993). I have also earned VCP in ESX 3, and in vSphere 4 and 5.
My VMware Work Experience
- I have been providing VMware consulting and training for more than 14 years. I have lead literally hundreds of classes and taught thousands of people how to use VMware. I teach both introductory and advanced VMware classes.
- I worked for VMware as a senior contract VMware Certified Instructor (VCI) and consultant for almost 5 years. One of my regular duties was to help mentor new VCI's - helping them prepare for and successfully deliver vSphere classes.
- After leaving VMware, I launched my own training business focused on VMware virtualization in 2008. In 2013, VMware called me back to help them ramp up support services for the upcoming vSphere 5.1 product launch.
- Prior to VMware, I worked as a contract consultant / trainer for RedHat (I hold RHCE, RHCI and RHCX), Global Knowledge, Learning Tree and many other training and consulting companies.
I hold a Bachelor of Science degree (majoring in Computer Science with a minor in Math) from the University of Toronto, Canada.
I also hold numerous industry certifications including VMware Certified Professional on VMware Infrastructure 2 & 3 and vSphere 4 & 5 (ret.), VMware Certified Instructor (ret.), RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE), RedHat Certified Instructor (RHCI) and RedHat Certified Examiner (RHCX) as well as certifications from LPI, HP, SCO and others.
I hope to see you in one of my VMware classes very soon... If you have questions, please contact me directly.
And... please link to me on LinkedIn - https://ca.linkedin.com/in/larrykarnis